The guidelines contained here are intended to help ensure that the Commit for Life brand is consistently delivered to the public.
Commit for Life is a partnership between the community and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to save lives today, and in the future. Commit for Life focuses on the life-saving result of donating blood, rather than the physical act itself.
Here are a few guidelines for employees, chairpersons, media and others spreading the word about Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center:
- All images promoting blood drives or concerning the act of blood donation should focus on the personal impact of life-saving donations. Photos of blood donors should emphasize the people, rather than the instruments or physical process, involved.
- Commit for Life is bold italic.
- Do not precede Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center with "the." (For example, "Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a Texas Medical Center member institution," not "The Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a Texas Medical Center member institution.")
- On second reference, use The Blood Center, never GCRBC.
- The Blood Center prefers to avoid using the phrase, "the gift of life," as this phrase is associated with other blood collection agencies with whom we are not affiliated.