In addition to the life-saving impact every Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center employee has on the community, The Blood Center recognizes that other types of benefits are important as well. The Blood Center is proud of the comprehensive benefit package that we offer to eligible staff. Along with our competitive salaries, paid training, direct deposit and free parking at all of our facilities, including the main office within the Texas Medical Center, we also provide:
- "RAVE" (Recognizing and Valuing Employees) Web site allows employees to earn points and redeem them for rewards that they choose. Various recognition activities include:
- WOW service;
- Above and beyond activities;
- Committee involvement (employee recognition, blood drive and more); and
- Staying informed on Blood Center activities.
- The Blood Center offers a comprehensive benefit package made eligible for employees and their families. Health insurance opportunities include:
- Prescription Drug; and
Disability Insurance (no cost to eligible employees)*
- Short-term disability
- Provides 70 percent of weekly base income replacement up to $1,500 per week upon qualification at no cost to the employee.
- Long-term disability
- Provides 60 percent of monthly base pay upon qualification at no cost to the employee.
Life Insurance (no cost to eligible employees)*
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance*
- Insurance provides two times the annual base salary at no cost to the employee.
- Dependent life insurance
- Coverage provided for eligible dependents at no cost to the employee.
Retirement Savings Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employer contributions after two years, which begin at 2 percent of annual base salary contributed per pay period up to a maximum of 12 percent, whether or not you are also contributing to the plan.
- Employees are fully vested in the employer contribution when it is made.
Paid time off (PTO)
- PTO accrues monthly and can be used in advance of accrual. Year-to-year rollover of unused PTO is allowed up to a maximum equal to one year's accrual.
Six paid holidays per year
New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Optional Life Insurance
- Employee Recognition/Rewards Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Identity Theft Coverage
*More details about these benefits are contained in the Summary Plan Descriptions and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's Employee Handbook. Please note that this information is not intended to replace the required information provided to eligible employees in the Summary Plan Descriptions.