High School Program Benefits
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's high school annual scholarship program awards 20 area high school students each a $1,000 scholarship. Exceptional students attending high schools that conduct two or more blood drives with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center per school year may apply.
* Restrictions apply. Please see your account representative for details.
- Project Graduation/Prom Reward
Schools hosting two or more blood drives during the school year are entitled to a gift card towards Project Graduation or equivalent.
- Life Flight Tours
- Commit for Life schools get a behind-the-scenes look at Memorial Hermann Hospital's Life Flight operations. Tour the control room and step out onto the helipad to see how this renowned program saves lives every day.
- All donors receive a premium T-shirt.
- Blood Center Tours
- The Blood Center offers tours of our state-of-the-art facility by appointment. You are taken step by step from donation through inventory management, offering a unique glimpse of the actual blood bank for our community. Do we have your blood type on the shelves? Come see for yourself.
- Leadership Training: "Real World Educational Workshop"
- Each fall Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center hosts a High School Program kick-off event for schools. Host group students receive additional training and education that stresses teamwork, leadership and organizational skills. Groups have a chance to network with other high schools as well as earn valuable community service hours.
- Educational Opportunities in the Texas Medical Center
- Additional tours, exhibits, and activities. Please ask your Donor Recruitment Coordinator about availability.
- Community Service Hours
- Students may receive certificates for community service hours earned by planning and conducting high school blood drives.