Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's Commit for Life scholarship program will award 40 local students $500 each to be applied toward their college education.
What It Takes:
Use your imagination and creativity to submit one of the following options. Video submissions should be two minutes or less.
● A 500-word essay that will educate and inspire individuals to save lives as a Commit for Life blood donor
● A video advising students on how to have a successful blood donation
● A video instructing others on how to run a successful high school blood drive
- Submissions must adhere to the Commit for Life Brand Guide.
- Video footage including needles or blood drops will not be considered.
- One entry per student; entries may not be shared.
- Each entry will be evaluated on quality, content, creativity, accuracy and persuasiveness.
- Videos should be posted to YouTube and include #CFL2018scholarship in the description.
- All videos must adhere to YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- Your current school must host at least two blood drives with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center during the school year when the scholarship recipients are chosen.
- The scholarships will be available to any student regardless of whether he or she donates blood.
- The student must attend an institution of higher learning in the year following award of the scholarship.
- All submissions must be made by March 1, 2018.
The scholarship will be awarded in the spring. The check will be made payable directly to the institution of the student’s choice.