Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's Commit for Life scholarship program will award 20 local high school seniors $1,000 each to be applied toward their college education.
What It Takes:
Use your imagination and creativity to submit a 20-second video commercial or a 500-word essay that will educate and inspire individuals to save lives as a Commit for Life blood donor.
The top video submission will be aired as a special highlight on TV as part of Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center’s advertising campaign.*
- Submissions must adhere to the Commit for Life Brand Guide.
- Video footage including needles or blood drops will not be considered.
- One entry per student; entries may not be shared.
- Each entry will be evaluated on quality, content, creativity, accuracy and persuasiveness.
- Videos should be posted to YouTube and include #CFL2015scholarship in the description.
- All videos must adhere to YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- The high school must host at least two blood drives with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center during the school year when the scholarship recipients are chosen.
- The scholarships will be available to any graduating senior regardless of whether he or she donates blood.
- The student must attend an institution of higher learning in the year following award of the scholarship.
- All submissions must be made by March 1.
The scholarship will be awarded in the spring. The check will be made payable directly to the institution of the student’s choice.