Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's scholarship program awards each of 20 local area high school seniors a $1,000 scholarship to be applied toward their education.
What is required:
- The high school must host at least two blood drives with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center during the school year when the scholarship recipients are chosen.
- The scholarships will be available to any graduating senior regardless of whether he or she donates blood.
- The student must plan to attend an institution of higher learning in the year following award of the scholarship.
- The student must have a minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
How To Apply:
- Complete an application.
- Use your imagination to submit a creative project/ presentation that will educate and inspire individuals to Commit for Life:
- Submit a typed essay or blog entry (max 500 words);
- Create a web page;
- Film a commercial or video (max 1 minute);
- Record a song (max 3 minutes and must submit lyrics); or
- Any other professional media! Submit your application by March 1. Late entries are not accepted.
- Submit your application by March 1. Late entries are not accepted.
Email email@example.com or
Mail a hard copy to Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, Donor Recruitment Department, 1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, Texas 77054.
What It Takes:
- Each entry will be evaluated on content, creativity, accuracy and persuasiveness.
- One entry per student; entries may not be shared.
- Please follow formatting guidelines provided on the application.
- The scholarship will be awarded in the spring and the check will be made payable to the institution of the student's choice.
For additional information, please call (713) 791-6665. Click here to see a complete list of the 2014 scholarship winners.