The Commit for Life High School Program provides education and community outreach for young people. Hosting a successful high school blood drive is easier than you may think!
High School Program
How does my high school Commit for Life?
1. Partner with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
Partner with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to schedule two or more blood drives per school year.
2. Host a Training and Education Program
This highly effective program empowers students to organize and manage their blood drive using tools and techniques offered by your account representative.
3. Spread the work.
Working as a committee sparks new and creative ideas to improve the blood drive and allows more students to participate in this rewarding experience.
Why should our school Commit for Life?
Our mission to help save and sustain lives can not be fulfilled without committed donors. With the Commit for Life High School Program we strive to create a positive learning and donation experience for young donors. By providing training, education and meaningful leadership opportunities for these students, we are building the Commit for Life donors, volunteers and chairpersons of the future.
While saving lives, your students will benefit by receiving:
- Opportunities to earn a $500 scholarship awarded by Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to 40 students each year.
- Other educational advantages, such as tours of The Blood Center, and our annual fall leadership workshop.
- Premium T-shirts.
- Community service hours for hosting blood drives as a part of a group, like NHS or Student Council.
- Special "All Access Pass" lanyards for the student group hosting the drive.
- A gift card to be awarded to the school for Project Graduation or equivalent (must host at least two blood drives during the school year).
- Red cords (at the school’s request) for graduating seniors who make two or more donations during their senior year.
- The knowledge that all participants, both the host group and the donors, do make a difference in the world. Each donation can help save up to three lives!