The following are tips and techniques for planning a successful blood drive that will help save numerous lives in our community. For additional information, please call (713) 791-6670 or email us.
Schedule the Drive
- Schedule the date and time of the drive.
- Reserve the room or donor coach.
- Set a blood drive goal.
- Form a recruitment team.
Promotion and Marketing
- Request marketing support materials from your account representative.
- Plan newsletter announcement and marketing material distribution.
Recruiting and Scheduling
- Schedule appointments for donors.
- Email potential donors.
- Host speaking or kick-off event to recruit donors.
- Host a sign-up table.
- Assign departments or floors to your recruitment team to personally ask people to donate.
- Communicate your donor commitment number to your account representative.
Day of the Drive
- Clear room of furniture and meet collections staff.
- Post directional signs around building and grounds.
- Schedule volunteers to greet donors and manage appointments at a welcome table.
- Provide snacks and drinks to all donors.
- Create excitement with balloons or raffle items.
- Thank the donors as they leave!