About The Power of Life
The Power of Life is...
The Power of Life pledge is a partnership between your high school and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center focused on saving lives today and in the future by providing education and community outreach for young people.
Hosting a successful high school blood drive is easier than you may think!
There are just three easy steps to The Power of Life:
1Partner with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
- Partner with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to schedule two or more blood drives per school year.
2Host A Training And Education Program
- Host Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center's training and education program for students and student donors.
3Spread The Work
- By working as a committee, the student sponsor group spreads the work required between different individuals. It sparks new and creative ideas to improve the blood drive and allows more students to participate in this rewarding experience.
Why should our school commit to the Power of Life?
Our mission to help save and sustain lives can not be fulfilled without committed donors. With The Power of Life High School Program we strive to create a positive learning and donation experience for young donors. By providing training, education and meaningful opportunities for these students, we are building the Commit for Life donors, volunteers and chairpersons for the future.
While saving lives, your students will benefit by:
- Gaining opportunities to earn one of 20 $1,000 creative scholarships awarded by Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center each year;
- Enjoying other educational advantages such as tours of The Blood Center, Memorial Hermann Hospital Life flight and more;
- Receiving premium T-shirts, plus a donation by The Blood Center to your school's Project Graduation or equivalent;
- Earning community service hours for hosting blood drives as a part of a group, like NHS or Student Council. Host group will receive special "All Access Pass" lanyards; and
- Seeing that all participants, both the host group and the donors, do make a difference in the world. Each donation can help save up to three lives!
Training and Education
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center offers a highly effective training and education program that will empower the student host group committee members to organize and manage their high school blood drive using tools and techniques offered by an community education coordinator.
To schedule your drive, please contact Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center at (713) 791-6670 or . Be prepared to provide the zip code and name of your high school. A Donor Recruitment Coordinator will work with you to answer questions and assist in the preparation of your high school blood drive.