Our Community Advocates are volunteers who work in groups to promote their local donor center and host blood drives. All who donate blood and credit the Community Advocates will receive a thank you gift for their support to help and sustain lives in our community.
Our Neighborhood Donor Centers depends on volunteer support in many capacities, and we are always seeking more individuals to join us in helping save lives in the community. Community Advocates are focusing on increasing the number of new donors at the Neighborhood Donor Centers. They look for opportunities to educate individuals about the Commit for Life program and how they can help save lives!
SPECIFIC DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
• Actively search for and attend community events to educate individuals about the need for blood donations and promote the Neighborhood Donor Center
• Attend monthly meetings
• Host Special Events at the Neighborhood Donor Center
• Post promotional materials around your community
• Search and secure community partners to sponsor Special Events
• Greet donors, offer refreshments and observe donors for potential post-donation reactions
• Thank donors for their life-saving donations.
Ready to start? Complete the Volunteer Orientation form and we will contact you to schedule your training!