Dunkin' of Houston and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Team Up to Encourage Blood Donations This August
Dunkin' of Houston provides 25,000 vouchers for a free Medium Iced Coffee and a free Classic Donut to Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to support summer blood collection
Local blood donors are in for a sweet treat this August. Dunkin' of Houston is teaming up with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to provide 25,000 vouchers to Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center donors in the region during August.
To thank donors who help refuel the blood supply throughout August, presenting donors will receive a voucher for a free Medium Hot or Iced Coffee* and a free Classic Donut**, redeemable at participating Dunkin' restaurants in the Houston area, while supplies last. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
"Dunkin' is thrilled to team up with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center this August," said Shannon Durkin, Field Marketing Manager, Dunkin'. "We hope that by providing donors with a free Medium Iced Coffee and Classic Donut, Dunkin' will encourage the Houston community to stop by Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center and roll up their sleeve."
Over the past year, hospital usage for blood and blood products has risen, especially in red blood cells, due to an increase in surgery schedules, traumas, and mass transfusions. To meet the community's ongoing needs, Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center must collect 1,000 blood donations daily.
"We are excited to partner with Dunkin' to save lives. Partnering together directly benefits our community by ensuring we always have a strong blood supply on the shelves," said Cameron Palmer, Public Relations Specialist at Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center. "We are asking all eligible donors to commit to donating more frequently to maintain the constant need for blood in our community and to replenish our on-hand supply for any unforeseen emergencies. As a thank you for your donation, donors will receive a special gift from Dunkin," Palmer said.
Churches, businesses, organizations, and community groups are also encouraged to host blood drives in their community. Hosting a blood drive is free and can truly impact many lives. For more information or to schedule a donation, please visit giveblood.org.
About blood donation
To donate blood, individuals need to bring a blood donor card or driver's license upon check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also must meet certain height and weight requirements.
Donors can also save up to 15 minutes at the blood drive by completing our CFL Express Pass. With CFL Express Pass, donors complete the pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online, on the day of donation, from a mobile device or computer. To complete a CFL Express Pass, follow the instructions at giveblood.org/donate/cfl-express-pass or use the Digital Donor App.
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced regular/decaf/flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' has earned a No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 16 years running. The company has more than 12,600 restaurants in 40 countries worldwide. Dunkin' is part of the Inspire Brands family of restaurants. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
About Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is the sole provider of blood and blood components 24/7 to more than 170 hospitals and health care facilities in a 26-county Texas Gulf Coast region. Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a nonprofit organization and is accredited by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Contact Us
- Committed Hearts Blog
- Share Your Story
- Digital Donor
- A New Era of Leadership
- The Krewe is Back: Mardi Gras Returns in 2024
- Houston Unites to Saves Lives During National Blood Donor Month
- The Woodlands Donor Center
- Uniting Our Community for a Season of Giving
- Medical Pioneer Dr. Rossmann Retires
- Inclusiveness and Equality, A New Age in Blood Banking
- Holiday of Giving
- We Bleed Orange: Uniting Donors and Baseball Fans During the Playoffs
- Texas Blood Centers Engage in Friendly Rivalry to Save Lives
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Unlocking Knowledge - Detecting the Trait
- Let’s Get Straight to the Pint This August
- Black Bear Diner
- Working Together for Our Community
- Taking Blood Donation to a Whole New Reality
- Giving Back to Those Who Have Served This Memorial Day
- Volunteering - Making an Impact on Your Community
- Blood Donor Ban Lifted for Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
- vCJD donors update
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Welcomes Donors to New Facility
- Keeping Our Blood Supply Strong During Spring Break
- A Celebration of Life Event 2023
- Contributions, Sacrifices and Achievements
- Proposed FDA Guidance on Blood Donations
- Beads and Saving Lives: It’s a Mardi Gras Thing
- One Hour Changes Everything
- BEARing Gifts – A Season of Giving
- Think Pink and Donate Blood
- Let’s Trade Pints
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and Donate Blood
- Huzzah, The Kingdom Calls For Its Heroes
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Celebrates 100-Gallon Donor
- The Treatment Could Be in Your Blood
- Dunkin' of Houston and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Team Up to Encourage Blood Donations This August
- Local Blood Center Keeps it Local After 30 Years
- Preparing Our Nation When Disaster Strikes
- Cellular Life Solutions Receives FACT Accreditation
- A day of celebration, awarness, and recognition
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Sends Aid to Ukraine
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Breaks Ground with New Facility
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Call for At-Home Workers to Give Blood This January During National Blood Donor Month
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Launches non-invasive, Painless Way to Check Hemoglobin Levels
- Texas Blood Bank Aids Louisiana after Hurricane Ida
- World Blood Donor Day on June 14th and 15th
- Memorial Day
- Winter Storms Devastate Blood Supply in Gulf Coast Region
- National Blood Donor Month celebrates heroes
- Let’s Get Straight to the Pint This August (1)