Huzzah, The Kingdom Calls For Its Heroes
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is partnering with the nation’s largest Renaissance theme park, Texas Renaissance Festival, this September with a promotional giveaway to help saveth lives in our kingdom (community) and replenish our on-hand blood supply, Sept. 12-30, 2022.
The king and queen have called for all heroes to embark on a quest to save lives and donate blood. And to reward our fellow heroes for their selfless donations, Texas Renaissance Festival is offering our lord and ladies of the realm a free ticket when they successfully donate Sept. 12-30. The ticket is good for one free any-day admission during the 2022 season, redeemable at the Texas Renaissance Festival, located at 21778 FM 1774, Todd Mission, TX 77363, as part of their 48th annual festival.
“Partnering with the Gulf Coast Region Blood Center is an investment in the health and welfare of communities all over Greater Houston and East Texas,” said Carl Foy, Marketing Director at Texas Renaissance Festival.
The Texas Renaissance Festival is an annual Renaissance fair located in Todd Mission, Texas, about 55 miles northwest of Houston. Texas Renaissance Festival started in 1974 on the location of an old strip mining site. The festival is the nation’s largest Renaissance theme park. As of 2017, the festival sits on 55 acres of land and offers patrons over 200 acres of camping facilities. The festival is regularly attended by over half a million guests annually. For more information, please visit texrenfest.com.
“Community is what made Texas Renaissance Festival for 48 years. We’re excited for the opportunity to give back, encourage donations, and help save lives,” said Foy.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center serves the largest medical center in the world, Texas Medical Center, where the need for heroes and blood is constant. To meet the kingdom’s ongoing needs and to bring aid to patients in distress, Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center must collect 1,000 blood units every day to best serve the 170 hospitals and healthcare facilities in our community.
We are asking all eligible donors to commit to donating more frequently to maintain the constant need for blood in our kingdom and to replenish our on-hand supply for any unforeseen emergencies, such as hurricanes, which may cause us to shut down collections. You can truly be the hero our kingdom needs.
For more information or to find a location for donation or to host a blood drive, please visit giveblood.org.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is the sole provider of blood and blood components 24/7 to more than 170 hospitals and health care facilities in a 26-county Texas Gulf Coast region. Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a nonprofit organization and is accredited by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Contact Us
- Committed Hearts Blog
- Share Your Story
- Digital Donor
- A New Era of Leadership
- The Krewe is Back: Mardi Gras Returns in 2024
- Houston Unites to Saves Lives During National Blood Donor Month
- The Woodlands Donor Center
- Uniting Our Community for a Season of Giving
- Medical Pioneer Dr. Rossmann Retires
- Inclusiveness and Equality, A New Age in Blood Banking
- Holiday of Giving
- We Bleed Orange: Uniting Donors and Baseball Fans During the Playoffs
- Texas Blood Centers Engage in Friendly Rivalry to Save Lives
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Unlocking Knowledge - Detecting the Trait
- Let’s Get Straight to the Pint This August
- Black Bear Diner
- Working Together for Our Community
- Taking Blood Donation to a Whole New Reality
- Giving Back to Those Who Have Served This Memorial Day
- Volunteering - Making an Impact on Your Community
- Blood Donor Ban Lifted for Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
- vCJD donors update
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Welcomes Donors to New Facility
- Keeping Our Blood Supply Strong During Spring Break
- A Celebration of Life Event 2023
- Contributions, Sacrifices and Achievements
- Proposed FDA Guidance on Blood Donations
- Beads and Saving Lives: It’s a Mardi Gras Thing
- One Hour Changes Everything
- BEARing Gifts – A Season of Giving
- Think Pink and Donate Blood
- Let’s Trade Pints
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and Donate Blood
- Huzzah, The Kingdom Calls For Its Heroes
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Celebrates 100-Gallon Donor
- The Treatment Could Be in Your Blood
- Dunkin' of Houston and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Team Up to Encourage Blood Donations This August
- Local Blood Center Keeps it Local After 30 Years
- Preparing Our Nation When Disaster Strikes
- Cellular Life Solutions Receives FACT Accreditation
- A day of celebration, awarness, and recognition
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Sends Aid to Ukraine
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Breaks Ground with New Facility
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Call for At-Home Workers to Give Blood This January During National Blood Donor Month
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Launches non-invasive, Painless Way to Check Hemoglobin Levels
- Texas Blood Bank Aids Louisiana after Hurricane Ida
- World Blood Donor Day on June 14th and 15th
- Memorial Day
- Winter Storms Devastate Blood Supply in Gulf Coast Region
- National Blood Donor Month celebrates heroes
- Let’s Get Straight to the Pint This August (1)