At Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, our mission is to partner with the community to help save and sustain lives by providing a safe supply of blood, biotherapies, and related services.
Blood is comprised of three vital components, each playing a crucial role in saving lives:
- Red Blood Cells: These cells are instrumental in treating patients undergoing cancer treatments, surgeries, and traumatic injuries. By donating red blood cells, you directly contribute to the well-being and recovery of these individuals.
- Plasma: In cases of burn victims and trauma patients, plasma is often required to replenish vital fluids. Your plasma donation ensures that these patients receive the necessary support to overcome their injuries and heal effectively.
- Platelets: Platelets are of great significance to cancer patients and those undergoing bone marrow transplants. By donating platelets, you play a vital role in helping these individuals recover and improve their quality of life.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center needs 1,000 donations every day of the year to serve patients in our community. Giving on an ongoing basis helps ensure blood components are always available for the patients we serve. Your commitment to regular donations ensures that we can always meet the demands of patients, saving lives in the process.
Watch a Thank You Message from Blood Recipients
Other benefits of donating blood with us include:
- Saving many lives with each donation because a whole blood donation can be divided into three components—plasma, platelets and red blood cells.
- Receiving a text message when your donation is on its way to a local health care facility to save lives.
- Earning points that can be redeemed for electronic gift cards for a variety of retailers in our Donor Rewards store.
- Gold members receive one complimentary Advanced Wellness Check per year. Advanced Wellness Check consists of a lipid profile (fasting cholesterol, LDL, HDL, and triglycerides), which helps determine risk of coronary heart disease. To make arrangements to have your complimentary Advanced Wellness Check at one of our Donor Centers, contact us at (713) 791-6260 or 1(800) 791-1666.