Platelets make up less than 1% of our blood. They help our body repair damaged blood vessels. The delicate blood component is crucial for healing many patients, especially those battling cancer. We encourage our donors to give platelets through an automated system. The equipment draws blood, separates the platelets, and returns the other components to the donor.
Why Platelet Donations Matter
Platelet donations are vital for cancer patients and individuals undergoing medical treatments. Your donation can prevent severe bleeding, support chemotherapy, aid in surgeries, and provide crucial care for trauma victims and premature infants.
How Often Can You Donate Platelets?
You can donate platelets every seven days, up to 24 times a year. While donating frequently is not required, we encourage our donors to donate as often as possible. If you make a platelet donation, you must wait three days before making a whole blood donation.
How Can You Help?
· Be Consistent: Donate a minimum of four successful platelet donations each quarter.
· Spread the Word by sharing the importance of platelet donations with friends, family, and colleagues.
· Get Involved: Share your donation journey on social media and inspire others to join.
Be Gold for Life
In 2024, be Gold for Life and contribute to the well-being of local patients by donating a minimum of four platelet donations each quarter while receiving rewards and incentives.
- After each platelet donation, your Digital Donor account will be credited with 65 points.
- At the end of each quarter, you will receive $50 in bonus points for completing a minimum of four platelet donations during that quarter. You can maximize your rewards by participating every quarter!
- Remember, each quarter is a fresh start. If you didn't meet the milestone in one quarter, no worries – you can try again in the following quarter to earn the bonus by donating platelets a minimum of four times. The quarters are as follows:
- First Quarter: January 2 - March 31
- Second Quarter: April 1 - June 30
- Third Quarter: July 1 - September 30
- Fourth Quarter: October 1 - December 31.
- The bonus is awarded for completing four successful platelet visits, not based on the components donated.
- To begin earning points, you must create a Digital Donor account. New donors and those who don’t have an account need to create one within 30 days of donating, or you will lose their points.
Redeem your Rewards:
Log in to your Digital Donor account and visit the Donor Rewards Store. Here, you can redeem your points for digital gift cards and more. Your gift card will be distributed electronically, so we must have your current email address on file. To update your email address, access My Account in your Digital Donor account and select Change Communication Preferences.
Ever Wondered Whose Live Platelet Donations Saved?
Your appointment could be a lifeline for someone in need. Schedule your platelet donation and join us in significantly impacting the journey to healing.
Together, let's save lives—one platelet donation at a time!