Making the donation opportunity as convenient as possible is key to ensuring a healthy blood supply. Businesses, faith-based organizations, schools and more schedule blood drives regularly to ensure their members can Commit for Life.
You can help save lives in our community by partnering with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center to host blood drives at your business, church, school or community organization throughout the year.
What are the requirements to host a blood drive?
- Offer a suitable location, either inside your facility or outside for a donor coach.
- Provide a chairperson and volunteers to promote the drive and recruit donors.
- Pre-schedule a minimum of 30 people who have committed to donating blood.
How can you ensure your drive is successful?
Organize a team of volunteers and a back-up coordinator.
- Set a goal.
- Book the room well in advance and work with your Donor Recruitment Coordinator to secure blood drive resources.
- Get support from top management at your organization.
- Save the date!
Encourage Donors to make appointments in advance.
- Use a personal approach—ask face-to-face.
- Be enthusiastic about saving lives.
- Educate about the importance of donating blood.
- Reduce fear by explaining what is involved in donating blood.
Create a theme. Use balloons. Bring food.
- Have fun—make the blood drive the main event of the day!
- Make it a competition.
- Post results—be proud of your accomplishment.
Is your group ready to help save lives?
If you are interested in hosting a blood drive, please complete this form and a Donor Recruitment representative will contact you.