BEARing Gifts – A Season of Giving
'Tis the season of giving back as Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center expands its Holiday Hugs tradition by partnering with BE A Resource for CPS Kids (BEAR) for a holiday toy drive. Donors will have an added opportunity to bring holiday cheer to children in need, Nov. 1-Dec.31, 2022.
Holiday Hugs is an annual tradition at Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center. Throughout November and December, our donors can write uplifting messages to patients spending the holidays in the hospital. Our incredible team of volunteers then attach those messages to teddy bears that are distributed at area hospitals throughout the holidays.
This year we are joining efforts with BEAR's BEARing Gifts holiday program, which serves over 19,000 children yearly. The program provides brand-new holiday gifts to children under the care of CPS. Many children who have been abused or neglected have never felt the excitement and enjoyment that the holiday season and Christmas morning may offer.
“BEAR’s partnership with Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center means that thousands of at-risk children will experience the joy of the holiday season,” said Tammy Hetmaniak, Executive Director of BEAR.... BE A Resource for CPS Kids.
We invite our community to donate three presents in one from Nov. 1-Dec.31, 2022:
- The lifesaving gift of your blood donation,
- a toy donation for a child under the care of CPS, and
- an uplifting message to patients spending their holiday in the hospital.
All Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center locations will have well-wish cards for patients spending the holidays in the hospital, as well as BEAR Houston containers to collect toys for children in need, making it simple for anybody interested in sharing Christmas cheer to participate.
For more information or to find a location to donate, please visit giveblood.org/holidayhugs/.
BEAR is the only 501(c)(3) organization working with Harris County CPS and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. BEAR offers unique programs that provide not only the basic needs of children recently uprooted but also supportive services that provide comfort, dignity, and celebration of successes that propel the child toward a successful future for abused and neglected children.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is the sole provider of blood and blood components 24/7 to more than 170 hospitals and health care facilities in a 26-county Texas Gulf Coast region. Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a nonprofit organization and is accredited by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Contact Us
- Committed Hearts Blog
- Share Your Story
- Digital Donor
- A New Era of Leadership
- The Krewe is Back: Mardi Gras Returns in 2024
- Houston Unites to Saves Lives During National Blood Donor Month
- The Woodlands Donor Center
- Uniting Our Community for a Season of Giving
- Medical Pioneer Dr. Rossmann Retires
- Inclusiveness and Equality, A New Age in Blood Banking
- Holiday of Giving
- We Bleed Orange: Uniting Donors and Baseball Fans During the Playoffs
- Texas Blood Centers Engage in Friendly Rivalry to Save Lives
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Unlocking Knowledge - Detecting the Trait
- Let’s Get Straight to the Pint This August
- Black Bear Diner
- Working Together for Our Community
- Taking Blood Donation to a Whole New Reality
- Giving Back to Those Who Have Served This Memorial Day
- Volunteering - Making an Impact on Your Community
- Blood Donor Ban Lifted for Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
- vCJD donors update
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Welcomes Donors to New Facility
- Keeping Our Blood Supply Strong During Spring Break
- A Celebration of Life Event 2023
- Contributions, Sacrifices and Achievements
- Proposed FDA Guidance on Blood Donations
- Beads and Saving Lives: It’s a Mardi Gras Thing
- One Hour Changes Everything
- BEARing Gifts – A Season of Giving
- Think Pink and Donate Blood
- Let’s Trade Pints
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and Donate Blood
- Huzzah, The Kingdom Calls For Its Heroes
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Celebrates 100-Gallon Donor
- The Treatment Could Be in Your Blood
- Dunkin' of Houston and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Team Up to Encourage Blood Donations This August
- Local Blood Center Keeps it Local After 30 Years
- Preparing Our Nation When Disaster Strikes
- Cellular Life Solutions Receives FACT Accreditation
- A day of celebration, awarness, and recognition
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Sends Aid to Ukraine
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Breaks Ground with New Facility
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Call for At-Home Workers to Give Blood This January During National Blood Donor Month
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Launches non-invasive, Painless Way to Check Hemoglobin Levels
- Texas Blood Bank Aids Louisiana after Hurricane Ida
- World Blood Donor Day on June 14th and 15th
- Memorial Day
- Winter Storms Devastate Blood Supply in Gulf Coast Region
- National Blood Donor Month celebrates heroes
- Let’s Get Straight to the Pint This August (1)