Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is the only blood provider to Houston and its surrounding communities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are one of the largest community blood centers in the United States, serving 26 counties across the Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley and East Texas, and we serve more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions. Our facilities include Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center East Texas as well as Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center of Brazos Valley.
As a nonprofit, the patients and donors we serve are at the heart of everything we do. We continuously ensure our donors have an incredible experience while saving lives in our community. From personal TVs to blankets and snacks, we aim to keep our donors comfortable and happy. Every donor is a hero to us and the families you impact each time you give blood.
To meet the community's needs, we need about 1,000 donations a day, and all blood donors in the U.S. must be unpaid volunteers. Those units of blood are a vital lifeline for Houston’s health care industry and are used in surgeries, cancer treatments and various medical procedures.
We ask you to Commit for Life, a partnership between the community and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center focused on saving lives, today and in the future.
Facts about Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center:
- Operations began Jan. 1, 1975
- More than 650 employees
- Nonprofit 501c3 organization
- Not affiliated with the American Red Cross
We are accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB, and local and state authorities.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a proud member of:
- Blood Centers of America
- South Central Association of Blood Banks
- Texas Medical Center
- America's Blood Centers
- AABB Certificate of Accreditation for Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments Certificate for Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
- FDA Blood Establishment Registration and Product Listing
- FDA Blood Establishment Registration and Listing for Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products