Did you know one in seven people will need blood at some point in their lifetime, but only one in 20 eligible donors will donate? That’s only five percent!
Blood can be broken down into three components, and each one saves lives:
- Red blood cells are used to treat cancer, surgery, and trauma patients.
- Plasma often is needed to replace fluids in burn and trauma patients.
- Platelets help cancer and bone marrow transplant patients recover.
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center needs 1,000 donations every day of the year to serve patients in our community. Giving on an ongoing basis helps ensure blood components are always available for the patients we serve. Your donation could mean the difference between life and death for someone, and that’s why we’re so grateful for you.
Other benefits of donating blood with us include:
- Saving up to 3 lives with each donation because a whole blood donation can be divided into three components—plasma, platelets and red blood cells.
- Receiving a text message when your donation is on its way to a local health care facility to save lives.
- Earning points that can be redeemed for electronic gift cards for a variety of retailers in our Donor Rewards store.
- Our Digital Donor app makes it easy to find a location and schedule an appointment.